Life gets crazy. If you work full-time plus have a family, you probably have a tough time fitting exercise into your crammed schedule. Even though corporate America encourages exercise and healthy eating to keep insurance costs down, they almost discourage it by keeping people very busy. Exercise can be wedged into the nooks and crannies of your jam packed calendar.
Ways to wedge in exercise:
- Walk briskly to other offices, in the parking lot, and at lunch time. It might seem valuable to walk with others at lunch, but find out first if they gab more than they walk!
- Add squats into your sit down and stand up moments.
- Press purposefully up the steps, and lower yourself slowly down to take as much of your own body weight as possible.
- During mini breaks, do wall or counter push- aways in place push ups.
- Tricep dips on your chair seat tone up arms. Watch that it doesn't roll away!
- Seated ab curls at your desk between tasks tones up abs.
- Whittle your waist by doing side tilts sitting in your chair.
- You can also do the 3/10/3 Challenge during three different segments of your day. Do one set in the morning, the second at lunch, and the third in the evening. Only do strength work every other day. The other days do cardio in three 10 minute segments.
I have heard so many people talk about this struggle. Need help? Ask me. My heart goes out to you! let me know how it goes.
Many blessings to you!