I am still working to get my Mom moved, then take off for a 4 day conference in Chicago. Posts will still be a bit crazy! Feel free to check out other posts on my site.
Summer is a great time, a busy time. Many active people love working out outdoors. Here are a few tips to remember if you exercise outdoors :
1. Remember your sunscreen (sport type SPF 30 or higher) and sunglasses to avoid burns and skin cancer. Reapply according to the directions on the container.
2. Wear clothing that allows your body to cool by drawing sweat away from you.
3. Hydrate with water! Only use Gatorade or sport drinks if you will be sweating profusely for long durations.
4. In high altitudes, go slower and longer to avoid hypoxia.
5. Look ahead of time for courses and trails. Most websites put up notices for repairs and closings.
6. Exercise with a friend.
7. Watch out for wildlife that may harm you or that you could harm. Use mosquito and tick repellent to avoid bites.
In case you missed them:
You might also like:
Many blessings to you!